Doing the Stuff As Foundational Heuristic For Kingdom Hospitality

Started by Aaron Blue, December 10, 2016, 09:56 AM (Read 2494 times)

Tags:

Aaron Blue

• Frequent Poster

more info...

• this is the work i do in "real life"
  • Academic discipline: Interdisciplinary
  • Organization: The Charis Project
  • IP: Logged
Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:52 PM by Jon Stovell

Abstract:

In my previous SVS paper I made a case that our anthropic meaning is functional toward the completion of creation. In this paper I recognize that we do not fulfill this function alone. Ultimately, the completion of creation is the work of the Spirit of God in the world and we participate in that work. Moreover, we do not function in isolation. Rather, we work with co-laborers.
I believe that the founding praxis of The Vineyard, specifically in its conscious participation in the Kingdom of God in the charismatic dimension of ministry, provides a strong foundation for hospitality toward “the other.”
First, I will examine reflectively “doing the stuff” as the basis for the development of heuristics for apprehending the “shape” of the Spirit at work and will discuss the content of such heuristics.
Second, I will argue that such heuristics trump the evaluation of belief claims in the assessment of “the other.”
Finally, I will contend that this primacy of application of such heuristics sets a strong foundation for a rich expression of hospitality in our participation in the work of the Kingdom by legitimating our engagement of “the other” as co-laborers in the completion of creation.

The full paper is attached to this post.

This post has 1 attachment(s) that you cannot view or download. Please join SVS, and then try again.
Aaron Blue. Doing the Stuff As Foundational Heuristic For Kingdom Hospitality.pdf
We humans are not particularly good at knowing truth, but we can all do something.

Tags: