Draft paper: "'Almost' 'More Than' or 'Truly' Human?" by Elizabeth Chapin

Started by Vineyard Scholars, April 04, 2015, 06:00 PM (Read 1887 times)

Tags:

Vineyard Scholars

• Administrator
  • Regular Poster

more info...

• Society of Vineyard Scholars
  • Academic discipline: Unspecified
  • IP: Logged
Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:27 AM by Jon Stovell

Here is a preview copy of Elizabeth Chapin's seminar paper, "'Almost' 'More Than' or 'Truly' Human?: Examining Sci-fi TV Through the Lenses of Digital and Theological Anthropologies."

EDIT: The preview copy of this paper has expired. Check back soon for the final version.

Thomas John Creedy

• Prolific Poster

more info...

• My Blog
  • Academic discipline: Systematic theology
  • Organization: South West London Vineyard Church
  • Church: South West London Vineyard
  • IP: Logged

This looks REALLY interesting. My initial scan through was very enjoyable! I'm gutted that I'm presenting in a parallel session - otherwise I'd be there!

A couple of brief thoughts/questions/observations...

Tanner is cool, and I love how you use her regarding forces beyond us - I echoed that in a paper where she was actually on the floor, asking questions (ISRLC 2014, https://www.academia.edu/8448970/The_Guiding_Trajectory_of_Love_Embodied_Creatures_caught_up_in_the_Trinity [paper is a rough draft pending publication of a more final one somewhere else]) and 'Christ the Key' has been a fun conversation partner since then. I wonder whether you could flesh that bit out more, or what you think of those 'forces'?

If you had time, @Elizabeth Chapin - I'd love your thoughts on my paper on theological anthropology and social media, which had hints of some of the stuff we talked about last year at SVS, but meshes perhaps more obviously/easily with this paper: http://www.academia.edu/6715138/_Disembodied_Relationality_contextualising_an_ethic_of_social_media_within_an_understanding_of_the_imago_Dei_

BA, Theology and Religious, University of Nottingham
Discipleship Year, Trent Vineyard
MA in Mission + Ministry, St John's College, Nottingham
Theologian at Large, South West London Vineyard

Tags: