Small & Slow: Rural Ecclesiology and Effective Missional Praxis

Started by Luke Geraty, April 20, 2015, 01:51 AM (Read 2536 times)

Tags:

Luke Geraty

• Hero Poster

more info...

• ThinkTheology.org
  • Academic discipline: New Testament
  • Organization: ThinkTheology.org
  • Church: Trinity Christian Felowship
  • IP: Logged
Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:13 PM by Jon Stovell

The primary purpose of this paper is to explore and suggest that combining what can only be described as “small town ecclesiology” (i.e., rural church) with “small town missional praxis” could serve as a healthy, constructive and transformative resource for the Vineyard movement to consider in its quest toward developing a distinct ecclesiology. In fact, I might be so bold as to suggest that healthy Vineyard churches, and I do mean to stress health, in small towns are crucial to the movement’s health, longevity, sustainability, and continuation as a missional church planting movement. Integrating constructive, empirical, and practical theological methodology from the perspective of a Vineyard pastor, missional practitioner, and aspiring theologian, this paper is written unashamedly from a Small Town USA perspective. In other words, this is my attempt to integrate a variety of methods, ideas, and experiences from an intentionally rural missional context.

The full paper is attached to this post as a PDF.

Note from administrator: Your SVS membership dues must be up to date in order to see the attached file.

This post has 1 attachment(s) that you cannot view or download. Please join SVS, and then try again.
Luke Geraty. Small & Slow - Rural Ecclesiology and Effective Missional Praxis.pdf
Luke Geraty (Th.B., M.Div., M.A.)
Lead Pastor @ Trinity Christian Fellowship.
Lover of underground hip hop, sushi, coffee, and dark beer.

Tags: