Pedagogical Practices and the Places We Inhabit: Teaching and Embodying Theolog…

Started by Stephanie Thurston, April 27, 2015, 11:12 AM (Read 2398 times)

Tags:

Stephanie Thurston

• Occasional Poster

more info...

• IP: Logged
Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:45 PM by Jon Stovell

This paper is a contribution to the topic Experiencing God and the Kingdom in Educational Practices. In this paper, I begin by describing several significant aspects of Princeton Theological Seminary’s Inside-Outside Certificate Program, which consists of six five-week courses. Half of our cohort are incarcerated while the other half commute from surrounding communities and we hold class together in the prison facility each week.

With this foundation, I then incorporate the thought of Mary McClintock Fulkerson and Willing Jennings, two contemporary theologians. My interest in these theologians, and in the paper in general, is to underscore the idea that repaired and redeemed relationships are an integral part of the experience of the Kingdom on earth and that Princeton Seminary’s Inside-Outside program exemplifies practices that redeem relationships.

The full paper is attached to this post as a PDF.

Note from administrator: Your SVS membership dues must be up to date in order to see the attached file.

This post has 1 attachment(s) that you cannot view or download. Please join SVS, and then try again.
Stephanie Thurston. Pedagogical Practices and the Places We Inhabit - Teaching and Embodying Theology in Prison.pdf

Tags: