Hospitality towards the Church: A Call for Vineyard Ecumenism

Started by Frank Emanuel, April 29, 2016, 07:45 AM (Read 1902 times)

Frank Emanuel

• Hero Poster

more info...

• Where the Spirit of God is, there is freedom!
    • The Eclectic Life
  • Academic discipline: Systematic theology
  • Organization: Saint Paul University
  • Church: Vineyard Ottawa
  • IP: Logged
Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:57 AM by Jon Stovell

Abstract:

The Vineyard's heart for ecumenism is rooted in John Wimber's "whole church love." While there is a great deal of anecdotal evidence of this ecumenical heart being enacted by the Vineyard, the Vineyard is overdue for some theological reflection on ecumenical theology and practice. This paper seeks to spark such a theological reflection by challenging the traditional framework of special and general revelation using the conversational model of inter-religious dialogue forwarded by Gerald McDermott as a model for intra-religious ecumenism.

The full paper is attached to this post.

This post has 1 attachment(s) that you cannot view or download. Please join SVS, and then try again.
Frank Emanuel. Hospitality towards the Church - A Call for Vineyard Ecumenism.pdf
-----
Frank L. Emanuel, Ph.D.
Sessional Professor Saint Paul University
Communications Officer Canadian Theological Society
opinons expressed reflect my own personal views and not those of any of the organizations I represent.

Jon Stovell

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster

more info...

• Academic discipline: Systematic theology
  • Organization: Vineyard Canada
  • Church: North Calgary Vineyard
  • IP: Logged

I really enjoyed your presentation, @Frank Emanuel. I'm looking forward to reading your paper in more detail. The categories of special and general revelation are problematic, but I'd never thought of that in terms of ecumenism before. This will be stimulating to dig into.